MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING, FOR REAL!
In case you don’t know why the need for Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing (pun totally intended!), you must read this mind-blowing case study (please come back and read my post too!) which describes how successful people make money blogging; by:
- selling their own products
- affiliate marketing
It shows how affiliate marketing is the most profitable way of making money with your blog because it brings the highest return on the time, effort and money investments you put into your blog biz.
Especially, affiliate marketing is the best place to start.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission if you purchase anything from here (at no additional cost to you!) but please know that it does not influence my recommendations because I only share what I love and use myself.
MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COUPON CODE
Latest Update: Only today, you can get Michelle’s Schroeder’s course for $28 off if you use the discount code CYBERMONDAY28OFF2017 at checkout. Click here to avail this limited offer.
*I think, (but forgive me if I’m wrong) the next sale will come in January or February 2018. I’m just sharing my guess with you based on my past experiences so you feel better, (in case you’re sad about missing this sale) that more will come.
WHY LEARN FROM PROS LIKE MICHELLE SCHROEDER GARDNER
If you have to make money doing something, then that activity becomes your craft.
And you “LEARN” your craft, you don’t just wing it.
Now, learning can be done in two ways: experience and education.
Pro tip for doing it faster: piggyback on the experience of those who are already doing it great by taking education from them.
And you’ll discover Michelle Schroeder’s Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Course one such worthy investment.
For two reasons especially,
- She’s making above $50k/mo. mostly with affiliate marketing alone, so she knows her onions.
- Her course on affiliate marketing is sooooo popular, just see for yourself how well it has been selling since launch. (I had no other way to show this except to pick Michelle’s earnings from her monthly income reports that come from the course alone!)
100s OF REVIEWS OF A COURSE ON GOOGLE…NONE NEGATIVE!!!
If you write ‘making sense of affiliate marketing review‘ into the google search bar, you’ll see that at least up to 10 pages of google are reviews, (and even further than that!): posts on people’s money-making experiences with the course.
That can be because of three reasons:
- The course is awesome,
- everyone wants to review a good product with a good commission to build authority and trust by recommending good products… and consequently, make good sales,
- Michelle’s personal finance niche plus particularly her site gets tons of traffic, and that results in more sales of the course and more people writing about it
I wrote a review too… but had to pull it down!
(Even though mine was on page 4 which isn’t bad for a new blog with 5 posts when more established bloggers had theirs on page 9 or 10! Also, it was the most popular post on my blog.)
Obviously, so many reviews were already there!
I decided instead to provide a peek-inside-the-course kind of a review of Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing. Something that could help you see if this course can actually help your blog monetization situation or not.
(I also wanted to answer a comparative analysis question with reference to this course people asked more than a couple times.)
So, given below is a (not-verrrrry-revealy) reveal of the course to help you make a decision. I have also added my own viewpoint and some important facts to consider wherever I thought ‘I’ would have loved to know something like this before making my mind.
A SHOCKING THING ABOUT MICHELLE’S STRATEGY
Michelle’s course makes more sales than many do but she doesn’t promote it really. If you go to her blog, you won’t find her course ad or link on the home page unless you use the search bar, which is astonishing!
She doesn’t even do promoted pins on Pinterest.
No webinars and relaunches.
Not even FB ads!
It is the amazing, gigantic fan following and good word of mouth that does all the marketing for her.
(But I strongly think that it’s karma.
She’s kinder and more helpful than it shows. She’s a celebrity blogger but any given day she’d be helping a complete newbie blogger student hidden inside his email box where nobody is even watching the kindnesses she’s doing!
How many bigger bloggers even respond directly?)
Now, let’s dig into the meaty part…
WHAT’S INSIDE MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING ONLINE COURSE?
Introduction To The Course
- This section will introduce you to the course, Michelle, affiliate marketing and ‘show’ you that your dream of making money online, no matter where you are at right now, IS possible.
- (You could print out all the other worksheets from the course and combine with this workbook. You’ll find a lot of convenience, accountability, and motivation in following a physical workbook to hold in your hand and work on as you go like I did! Remember, the course is such an easy to consume format that you can assume you’ve done things you already know or that seem common-affiliate-sense. Take help of my exclusive bonus course checklist to track your actual implementation. (details of the bonus at the end!)
(Here’s my workbook >>>)
Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Facebook Mastermind Group
- This mastermind Facebook group which is exclusive for students is in itself far more worth the price of the entire course. Honestly, it’s not what excited me even a bit when I was buying the course (who else hates FB?), but now that I know all the benefits it daily provides to bloggers e.g. blog promotion, one-on-one advice from Michelle (she even posts threads where she looks at your blog and gives tips on what to work on) connections and collaborations,+ tons more… I can very very easily pay the hefty price for this mastermind alone. If you put in the money, do make effective use of this group because it has the kind of support, links and a company you’ll need as a startup.
- I understand that a mastermind group is not a promotional group. But this here is not only to help people with their affiliate problems alone: Michelle goes the extra mile and uses the following weekly threads to help keep her students on track. I’m sure it costs her at least lots of time (if not a scheduler too!) to maintain these threads in which she regularly participates and keeps
antwo eyes on.
- Monday Motivation: Is a thread where everyone can share their top goals for the week
- Tuesday Share Day: For helping one another promote their content
- Winning Wednesday: To celebrate and share recent wins
- Thursday Group Feedback Day: Where students can post links or anything they want other students to give feedback on
- Ask Michelle Saturday: Is another thread, which goes bimonthly where you can ask Michelle directly for feedback or just about anything related to the course or your business.
- Every now and then, Michelle posts helpful posts to help the students grow. Take a look at a few examples:
Other than this, the students post their problems or questions all the time to which Michelle, as well as others, give valuable suggestions and tips.
Module 1: What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Why Affiliate Marketing Is Great
- If you’re feeling upset about spending so much money on the course by that point: you’ll feel relieved after reading this.
The Basics Of Affiliate Marketing
- You’ll learn why and how you matter.
How Affiliate Links Work
- Everything you need to know about the affiliate process, affiliate links, affiliate payments, various kinds of ‘your share’ and other techy things
Module 2: How To Find and Apply To Affiliate Programs
The Amount Of Traffic You Need
- Let’s leave this as a (pleasant!) surprise for you, but after reading this lesson you’ll know when you’re ready to make affiliate money.
How To Determine What Your Readers Want
- She’ll hold your hand and literally point you to what your audience wants.
Worksheet -Brainstorm What Your Readers Want
How To Find Affiliate Programs
- You’ll go over, with a fine tooth comb, just the right programs to join
80+ Affiliate Program Ideas For Different Niches
- + niche specific suggestions
Worksheet – Affiliate Programs You Are Interested In
Module 3: Follow The Rules
Requirements & Disclosures
- If you’re absolutely non-techy, you’re in good hands here.
Understanding Nofollow Links
- An important rule and two ways to follow it
What To Do If You Live In A Nexus State
- (I wanted to join one affiliate program [Tailwind], but they offer it through a larger affiliate network i.e. Shareasale. Shareasale wasn’t accepting my application since I’m based outside the U.S. But using one of the options Michelle suggested in this lesson got me into the program and I wouldn’t have thought of it on my own for sure.)
Module 4: How To Get Your Readers To Convert
The Tool You Need To Master Affiliate Marketing
(I know this tool is a popular option, with approval by many people but personally, I faced some inconvenience using it. Maybe it was absolutely specific to my case, so I took the next free option Michelle mentioned and that one worked way better, with no glitches and better user experience. I must mention here that I did research well and found that the second one is recommended by almost all the big techy guys on the internet (although no one is talking bad about the first one either). Just pick what you prefer and start working with the help of the tutorial Michelle provides for the tool.)I’m back to the first one. Tech can be glitchy/unreliable anywhere.
How To Build Trust
- 7 specific action steps on how to build trust
Worksheet – How To Pick The Right Affiliate Product To Promote For Your Brand
Deep Linking 411
- Everything you need to know about deep linking + a myth debunked.
The Importance Of Your Click-Through Rate
- Action steps for improving your clickthrough rate
The Value Of A Bonus
- Some important points and practical tips on adding a bonus + ideas
Worksheet – My Bonus Ideas
How To Have Affiliate Marketing Success
- 10 Action steps! No fluff.
Improving Your Top 10
- Here you’re asked to put whatever you learned into practice plus two more solid action steps (with examples).
Worksheet – Improving Your Top 10
Module 5: Strategies and Ways To Promote Affiliate Links
Introduction To The Different Strategies
- Lots of ways to promote an affiliate product + more conversion tips
Creating Successful Affiliate Reviews
- Important points you should consider while writing your review + sample teardown
Worksheet – Creating The Perfect Affiliate Review
Teaching With Tutorials
- How to increase conversions with tutorials (+ even if your product doesn’t need a tutorial!)
Having A Helpful Resources Page
- (Only while typing this, I realized that practically I had only done 2 things with my resource page out of all the things from this lesson, even though I had completed the course!)
Using Interviews To Drive Sales
- Tips with successful interview examples on how to conduct an interview
The Money Is In The List
- Various ways of promoting your affiliate products via email + useful tips on email affiliate marketing.
Your Average Blog Post Can Lead To Affiliate Success
- Different ways to make money even when your post is not about a product
How To Rock Affiliate Marketing On Social Media
- Tips + do’s and don’ts for using various social media
The Crazy Impact Pinterest Can Have
- Affiliate marketing on Pinterest: what it means, how Michelle promotes + how to do it in different niches
How I’ve Earned Over $300,000 With One Affiliate Product
- A commentary on the special things Michelle does for this post
(You can pick your best-earning post and replicate all of these things for it.)
Worksheet – Strategies To Promote Affiliate Products
Module 6: Rinse and Repeat
The Importance Of A Strong Relationship
- No, she’s not talking about a strong relationship with your potential customers. It’s someone else who knows how you can make more sales with your affiliate product and she’ll teach you down to the exact words you can use.
Maintaining Your Affiliate Marketing Strategy
- Actionable steps
Worksheet – Regular Maintenance Checklist
The Things You Do Not Want To Do
- Mistakes to avoid that can hurt your affiliate income
Making Your Affiliate Marketing Strategy Long Lasting
- Important things to do in the long term to make your affiliate marketing strategy succeed.
Tips To Improve Your Affiliate Income Around The Holidays
- Various ways of making sales during the holidays + tips for each
Worksheet – Tracking Your Affiliate Income Progress
Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Bonuses (The ones SHE offers!)
How To Always Get Approved To An Affiliate Program
- A detailed lesson by someone who has assessed thousands of affiliate applications so she knows what gets an application accepted (or not!) She’ll tell you everything you need to know.
Pinterest Strategy – How To Receive Hundreds Of Thousands of Visitors From Pinterest A Month
- The guide has everything you need to kill it with Pinterest:
- An intro on how Rosemarie got to 587,000 page views a month
- The basics
- How to create the Perfect Pinterest Image
- Group Board Strategy
- The Board Booster System
- Monthly Maintainance for Your Pinterest strategy
- This popular strategy is why some actually buy the course.
- Except for a few points which have not been updated about Pinterest (because of Pinterest’s continuous algorithm changes) in this guide, the tips are gold. An update on this strategy is coming soon. I hope this bonus section will get the update too.
- It is very specific about action steps, without any fluff. That’s why it’s only 5 pages in the actual pdf guide that she sells on her blog but still costs $139!
- The guide has everything you need to kill it with Pinterest:
Printable: 9 Things You Must Do When Something Goes Viral
Printable: How To Increase Your Pageviews
Worksheet – My Affiliate Products & Services
Worksheet – The Perfect Affiliate Link Checklist
Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Program
What You Need To Know
- Info about Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course’s Affiliate Program
- Only students of the course can promote it
- A regular successful purchase through your affiliate link will earn you 40% commission. Means for each person who buys the course through your link, you earn $78.80 per sale.
- If a person signs up to the course through your course but pays on a payment plan (which is 2 months), you earn $84 which will be divided into two months and paid in half each month.
- Michell pays 30 days after the completion of every month since buyers have those first 30 days to ask for a refund.
- I didn’t find any info on the cookie duration in this section (the cookie duration is 365 days as mentioned in the admin area of the course affiliate program, this duration is awesome but if a second affiliate refers within that time then the most recent referral will be paid.)
- Info about what to do after you have joined the program
- How to promote the course on social media with sample
- How to promote the course to your email list with sample
- downloadable Pinterest graphics to promote the course on Pinterest
- Info about Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course’s Affiliate Program
HOW TO SAVE MONEY PURCHASING THIS COURSE?
The course is a bit expensive for new bloggers especially who don’t have a large amount of $ for investing in their blogs, but here are some options if you are very tight on money.
- Buy it during sales when she puts it on $28 off and the course becomes $169, but they happen after every couple months. When a sale comes up, I’ll let you know on my blog.
- If you don’t want my awesome bonuses which include a complete checklist of the course, and 25 Pinterest templates (see details below under MY BONUSES), you can get Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing discount of $10 off from here. But seriously, will you give up on my bonuses just like that?!
- Can you wait for Black Friday to try your luck if she offers a $38 off? (At your own risk of wasting time, I cannot guarantee if she does it every time, I saw her offer this much discount before one time!)
- Buy it on a payment plan? (I don’t like this one since I don’t like being charged more and that’s what payment plans do.)
IMPORTANT INFO YOU MUST KNOW BEFORE BUYING MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE
- Yes, this info can work for blogs/people/small businesses outside the U.S too!
- This course is definitely the best fit for an absolute beginner and gradually move to advanced steps (in very non-techy, easily digestible ways!)
- This course may not be a nice fit for someone who is already an advanced affiliate marketing pro.
- It is self-paced and it has a lot of content but it can easily be read within 48 hours ‘if’ you want to. The better option, of course, would be to take your time and implement as you go.
- The course has gone on sale twice (or thrice, not confirm, but sales are definitely not frequent) this past year, for a couple days each time, this is the best time to buy it.
- When the course goes on sale, Michelle sends email reminders to the affiliates with basic guidelines on how to promote it during each of the days throughout the sale.
- This sale promo material in the email is not extremely detailed but enough to guide you for each day of the sale.
- The course has no video content if that’s how you prefer learning.
- The FB mastermind is one of the best places online to connect with others, so many famous bloggers are in there too.
- Sometimes when people are planning to buy this course, they compare it with another similar course (i.e. Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers The Master Course by Tasha).
SHORT MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING REVIEW – WHAT CONVINCED ME TO BUY IT… EVEN ON FULL PRICE?
The course content will guide you to your desired affiliate earning if you follow through, but what gave me that final nudge was:
- The bonus (otherwise expensive!) Pinterest Strategy by Rosemarie
- I don’t know if this is a good parameter for making decisions, but the course popularity did influence me a lot at the time of purchase.
- I should have known this one: but no one shared the details (like you know now!) of how beneficial the Facebook mastermind group is (alone worth more than the price of the course).
It’s the first product I purchased and the first one I’ll recommend to new bloggers because any blogging-for-money guide will only take you so far. While there are many, even better courses out there, I find this one a smart package because we can’t make our affiliate marketing strategies succeed in a vacuum!
You need a supportive serious community where you can promote your content and seek help (Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing’s FB group!) as well as a blog growth aka traffic strategy (Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing’s Pinterest strategy bonus!) to complete the picture.
I haven’t held back anything from you about this course, the good and the bad!
This course is not a financial Superman who can get you out of ANY kind of trouble. (I do wish she had also taught us on how to rank affiliate product reviews and posts on Google though because I used to feel stuck there. Otherwise, I don’t care if she doesn’t have videos of the lessons.) I don’t think you’ll earn $100k after going through this course alone but it is a wise investment if you do the work and put everything that comes with it to good use.
I can easily recommend it to my own sister too! (Of course, only when she or you CAN invest that much money!)
MY BONUS #1: GET A COMPLETE MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING PDF CHECKLIST!!!
Now, If you found the information helpful and you decide to buy it through my link, you can get exclusive access to my special bonuses for you. Just email me ( at firstname.lastname@example.org) after purchase to let me know and I’ll get in touch with you with the following bonuses:
- A complete 8 pg checklist of all action steps of the course!
BONUS #2: AVAILABLE WITH MAKING SENSE OF AFFILIATE MARKETING FREE DOWNLOAD OF 25 PINTEREST PIN TEMPLATES
BONUS #3: A DETAILED REPORT WITH ACTIONABLE INFO ON HOW I MAKE AFFILIATE MONEY WITH LOW PAGEVIEWS
- No, they’re not regular tips you’ll find anywhere for free, I’ve consumed tons of books and resources until I understood this game changer method of approaching affiliate marketing. Coming 15th Dec. 2017!
If you have any more questions about the course, please let me know in the comments below.
Note: This post was published after taking permission from Michelle Schroeder Gardner the author of Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing course. If you found this review useful, could you share it with others too by pinning the image below on Pinterest? It helps my blog biz grow. Thanks!>>>