Inside: This Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Review is written specifically to help you make an ‘informed decision’ before purchasing this course.
Has this happened to you too: Making Sense Of Cents’ income reports were… oh, so tempting! You click on the next one and the next and the next…
Okay, this is it! This girl’s giving away ALL her $100k income/mo. secrets in her course…
You pull out your credit card with a heart racing at lightning speed, but…
Hold that CC right there!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. It means I may earn a commission if you purchase anything from here (at no additional cost to you!) but please know that it does not influence my recommendations because I only share what I love and use myself.
Before you jump into Michelle Schroeder’s Affiliate Marketing Course, (which if you don’t know, is a guide on how to make money with affiliate marketing for beginners and intermediate bloggers and online marketers), there are 7 important details you must know about this course.
I would love it if I could steer you to the best decision according to your circumstances before you spend a big amount.
Yes, even if 10,000 people have already taken the plunge and have got themselves enrolled in this course since its launch in July 2016!
And yes even if it has helped many bloggers get results, myself included…
Because you see, you may be different.
Maybe money is scarce for you right now, or you’re already an advanced-level affiliate marketer, or you may not have strong implementation power etc.
Let me help you decide if this course is worth your money and time or not.
It’s important stuff so read on.
1. Important Info About Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Coupon Code, Regular Price, Sales & Updates In 2018
- Sales are the best time to buy this course and they happen a couple times every year! But there’s no fixed schedule for these sales.
- Latest Update: Use the code FEBRUARYSALE2018CC for a $28 discount starting 15th Feb – 19th Feb 2018 (it will end at 11:59 p.m. PT)
Sale ends in…
I think the course is expensive for new bloggers especially who don’t have a large amount of $ for investing in their blogs, but here are some options if you’ve made up your mind but would like to save some money too.
- Buy it during sales when she puts it on $28 off and the course becomes $169.
- Can you wait for Black Friday to try your luck if she offers a $38 off? (At your own risk of wasting time, I cannot guarantee if she does it every time, I saw her offer this much discount twice before, once only to her email list! Hint–> Sign up to her email list.)
- If you don’t want my awesome bonuses which include a complete checklist of the course, and 25 Pinterest templates (see details below), you can get a discount of $10 off from here.
- You could buy it on a payment plan?! (I don’t like this one though, you pay couple dollars more than the regular price.)
Also, this year she has added two new bonuses into the course which makes the total number of bonuses she offers = 8!
Scroll down to the section on course bonuses for details.
2. The Girl, Michelle Schroeder Knows Her Onions
- She’s making above $50k/mo. mostly with affiliate marketing alone and she shares all her strategies in the course.
- A lot of people complain that she makes most of the money (which is above $100k in total almost every month) by promoting Bluehost. Well, so does Pat Flynn. And he even uses Bluehost for himself!! (And Amy Lynn Andrews… and Create-&-Go people too!)
You see no matter what you do, there’ll always be someone to judge.* But I think having a couple of core affiliates you believe in is a smart strategy even you and I should adopt.
(* In case you want to know, personally I don’t use or like or recommend Bluehost.)
- Latest Update: Use the code FEBRUARYSALE2018CC for a $28 discount starting 15th Feb – 19th Feb 2018 (it will end at 11:59 p.m. PT)
Sale ends in…
3. There Are A Bajillion Reviews On This Course, None Negative!!! But…
That can be because of three reasons:
- everyone wants to promote a product which earns them good commission,
- Michelle’s personal finance niche plus particularly her site gets tons of traffic, and that results in more sales of her course and more people writing about it compared to any other affiliate marketing course
- the course (along with its bonuses) IS awesome
I think it’s all three.
My peek-inside-the-course review (which is point # 5) will show you if this course can actually help your specific blogging situation or not!
4. This Course Sells Like Crazy Every.Single.Month
- Her course on affiliate marketing is sooooo popular, just see for yourself how well it has been selling since launch. (I had no other way to show this except to pick Michelle’s earnings from her monthly income reports that come from Making Sense Of Cents Course alone!)
Now the crazy part:
If you go to her blog, you won’t find her course ad or link on the home page unless you use the search bar, which is astonishing!
(Update: She just put the course on her menu bar because people were having difficulty finding it on her site.)
She doesn’t even do promoted pins on Pinterest.
No webinars and relaunches.
Not even FB ads!
It is the amazing, gigantic fan following and good word of mouth that does all the marketing for her.
(But I strongly think that it’s karma.
She’s kinder and more helpful than it appears. She’s a celebrity blogger but any given day she’d be helping a complete newbie blogger student hidden inside his email box where nobody is even watching the kindnesses she’s doing! On the other hand, how many bigger bloggers even respond directly?)
You can ask her anything and she responds within a day max.
Now, let’s dig into the meatier part…
5. You Can Take A Peek Inside The Course Here!
It’s not veerrry revealy, but I’m giving away tidbits if you can see.*
Introduction To The Course
- This section will introduce you to the course; Michelle; what is affiliate marketing and how does it work; and ‘show’ you that your dream of making money online, no matter where you are at right now, IS possible.
- (You could print out all the other worksheets from the course and combine with this workbook. You’ll find a lot of convenience, accountability, and motivation in following a physical workbook to hold in your hand and work on as you go like I did! Remember, the course is such an easy to consume format that you can assume you’ve done things you already know or that seem common-affiliate-sense. Take help of my exclusive bonus course checklist to track your actual implementation. (details of the bonus at the end!)
(Here’s my workbook >>>)
The Facebook Mastermind Group (This is the hidden gem!!)
- This mastermind Facebook group which is exclusive for students is in itself far more worth the price of the entire course. Honestly, it’s not what excited me even a bit when I was buying the course (who else hates FB?), but now that I know all the benefits it daily provides to bloggers e.g. blog promotion, one-on-one advice from Michelle (she even posts threads where she looks at your blog and gives tips on what to work on) connections and collaborations,+ tons more… I can very very easily pay the hefty price for this mastermind. If you put in the money, do make effective use of this group because it has the kind of support, links and a company you’ll need as a startup.
- I understand that a mastermind group is not a promotional group. But this one here is not only to help people with their affiliate problems: Michelle goes the extra mile and uses the following weekly threads to help keep her students on track. I’m sure it costs her at least lots of time (if not a scheduler too!) to maintain these threads in which she regularly participates.
- Monday Motivation: Is a thread where everyone can share their top goals for the week
- Tuesday Share Day: For helping one another promote their content
- Winning Wednesday: To celebrate and share recent wins
- Thursday Group Feedback Day: Where students can post links or anything they want other students to give feedback on
- Ask Michelle Saturday: Is another thread, which goes bimonthly where you can ask Michelle directly for feedback or just about anything related to the course or your business.
- Every now and then, Michelle posts helpful posts to help the students grow. Take a look at a few examples:
Other than this, the students post their problems or questions all the time, to which Michelle, as well as others, give valuable suggestions and tips.
Module 1: What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Why Affiliate Marketing Is Great
- If you’re feeling upset about spending so much money on the course by that point: you’ll feel relieved after reading this.
The Basics Of Affiliate Marketing
- You’ll learn why and how you matter.
How Affiliate Links Work
- Everything about how to do affiliate marketing like affiliate links, affiliate payments, various kinds of ‘your share’ and other such techy things
Module 2: How To Find and Apply To Affiliate Programs
The Amount Of Traffic You Need
- Let’s leave this as a (pleasant!) surprise for you, but after reading this lesson you’ll know when you’re ready to make affiliate money.
How To Determine What Your Readers Want
- She’ll hold your hand and literally point you to what your audience wants.
Worksheet -Brainstorm What Your Readers Want
How To Find Affiliate Programs
- You’ll go over, with a fine tooth comb, just the right programs to join
80+ Affiliate Program Ideas For Different Niches
- + niche specific suggestions
Worksheet – Affiliate Programs You Are Interested In
Module 3: Follow The Rules
Requirements & Disclosures
- If you’re absolutely non-techy, you’re in good hands here.
Understanding Nofollow Links
- An important rule and two ways to follow it
What To Do If You Live In A Nexus State
- (I wanted to join one affiliate program [Tailwind], but they offer it through a larger affiliate network i.e. Shareasale. Shareasale wasn’t accepting my application since I’m based outside the U.S. But using one of the options Michelle suggested in this lesson got me into the program and I wouldn’t have thought of it on my own for sure.)
Module 4: How To Get Your Readers To Convert
The Tool You Need To Master Affiliate Marketing
- Just pick what you prefer and start working with the help of the tutorial Michelle provides. Personally, I use the one Michelle recommends, although I’ve tried the other one she mentions too.
How To Build Trust
- 7 specific action steps on how to build trust
Worksheet – How To Pick The Right Affiliate Product To Promote For Your Brand
Deep Linking 411
- Everything you need to know about deep linking + a myth debunked.
The Importance Of Your Click-Through Rate
- Action steps for improving your clickthrough rate
The Value Of A Bonus
- Some important points and practical tips on adding a bonus + ideas
Worksheet – My Bonus Ideas
How To Have Affiliate Marketing Success
- 10 Action steps! No fluff.
Improving Your Top 10
- Here you’re asked to put whatever you learned into practice plus two more solid action steps with examples.
Worksheet – Improving Your Top 10
Module 5: Strategies and Ways To Promote Affiliate Links
Introduction To The Different Strategies
- Lots of ways to promote an affiliate product + more conversion tips
Creating Successful Affiliate Reviews
- Important points you should consider while writing your review + sample teardown
Worksheet – Creating The Perfect Affiliate Review
Teaching With Tutorials
- How to increase conversions with tutorials (+ even if your product doesn’t need a tutorial!)
Having A Helpful Resources Page
- (Only while typing this, I realized that practically I had only done 2 things with my resource page out of all the things from this lesson, even though I had completed the course!)
Using Interviews To Drive Sales
- Tips with successful interview examples on how to conduct an interview
The Money Is In The List
- Michelle explains how affiliate marketing works best with an email list compare to other platforms. + Various ways of promoting your affiliate products via email & tips on email affiliate marketing in general.
Your Average Blog Post Can Lead To Affiliate Success
- Different ways to make money even when your post is not about a product
How To Rock Affiliate Marketing On Social Media
- Tips + do’s and don’ts for using various social media
The Crazy Impact Pinterest Can Have
- Affiliate marketing on Pinterest: what it means, how Michelle promotes + how to do it in different niches
How I’ve Earned Over $300,000 With One Affiliate Product
- A commentary on the special things Michelle does for this post
(You can pick your best-earning post and replicate all of these things for it.)
Worksheet – Strategies To Promote Affiliate Products
Module 6: Rinse and Repeat
The Importance Of A Strong Relationship
- No, she’s not talking about a strong relationship with your potential customers. It’s someone else who knows how you can make more sales when you become an affiliate marketer and she’ll teach you down to the exact words you can use.
Maintaining Your Affiliate Marketing Strategy
- Action steps
Worksheet – Regular Maintenance Checklist
The Things You Do Not Want To Do
- Mistakes to avoid that can hurt your affiliate income
Making Your Affiliate Marketing Strategy Long Lasting
- Important things to do in the long term to make your affiliate marketing strategy succeed.
Tips To Improve Your Affiliate Income Around The Holidays
- Various ways of making sales during the holidays + tips for each
Worksheet – Tracking Your Affiliate Income Progress
Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Bonuses (She Offers 7, add mine 2 = 9!! Details Below)
1st Bonus: How To Always Get Approved To An Affiliate Program
- A detailed lesson by someone who has assessed thousands of affiliate applications so she knows what gets an application accepted (or not!) She’ll tell you everything you need to know.
2nd Bonus: Pinterest Strategy – How To Receive Hundreds Of Thousands of Visitors From Pinterest A Month
The guide has everything you need to kill it with Pinterest: An intro on how Rosemarie got to 587,000 page views a month The basics How to create the Perfect Pinterest Image Group Board Strategy The Board Booster System Monthly Maintainance for Your Pinterest strategy
This popular strategy is why some actually buy the course. It is very specific about action steps, without any fluff. That’s why it’s only 5 pages in the actual pdf guide that she sells on her blog but still costs $139!
Update: Some points in this guide are obsolete after the gazillion and one Pinterest updates that it is always busy doing. In fact, Rosemarie has taken this guide for now. I hope the bonus section of this course gets the updated version as soon as it’s live.
3rd Bonus: How to Maximize Your Reach, Your Impact, & Your Revenue With FB Ads
- This is a video training by Monica Louie who is a very knowledgeable FB Ads coach. She has personally coached Michelle too. And worked on more than 100 Facebook ad campaigns, including several traffic campaigns with cost per click as low as $0.02 and conversion campaigns with cost per result as low as $0.35.
4th Bonus: Printable: 9 Things You Must Do When Something Goes Viral
5th Bonus: Printable: How To Increase Your Pageviews
6th Bonus: Worksheet – My Affiliate Products & Services
7th Bonus: Worksheet – The Perfect Affiliate Link Checklist
8th Bonus: Editing & Writing Strategies
Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing Affiliate Program
- What You Need To Know
- Info about the course’s own affiliate program
- Only students of the course can promote it
- A regular successful purchase through your affiliate link will earn you 40% commission. Means for each person who buys the course through your link, you earn $78.80 per sale.
- If a person signs up to the course through your course but pays on a payment plan (which is 2 months), you earn $84 which will be divided into two months and paid in half each month.
- Michell pays 30 days after the completion of every month since buyers have those first 30 days to ask for a refund.
- I didn’t find any info on the cookie duration in this section (the cookie duration is 365 days as mentioned in the admin area of the course affiliate program, this duration is awesome but if a second affiliate refers within that time then the most recent referral will be paid.)
- Info about what to do after you have joined the program
- How to promote the course on social media with sample
- How to promote the course to your email list with sample
- downloadable Pinterest graphics to promote the course on Pinterest
- Info about the course’s own affiliate program
The peek-inside-the-course section ends here. Let’s move on to the next point of this post.
6. The 10 Bonuses (2 Only Available Here) + The FB Group Are Drool-Inducing
Did you read the sections about her FB group and the bonuses? Go back and check it if you didn’t. You’ll learn why some people even go on to consider them more precious than the actual course.
Now, If you found the information helpful and you decide to buy this course through my link, you can get exclusive access to my special bonuses for you. Just email me ( at email@example.com) after purchase to let me know and I’ll get in touch with you with the following bonuses:
- Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing PDF Checklist!
- These 25 Editable Pinterest Pin Templates
Special Note: To those who buy this course through my links but don’t contact me for the bonuses, please stop making me feel guilty about not sending you your stuff even though I get to keep the commission I earned through you.
I feel sad too.
7. This Is Not The Only Popular Affiliate Marketing Guide…
If you don’t have the money, seriously don’t fret.
- Although I’m a happy Michelle’s customer, if you ask me for sisterly advice, I’d say do this instead, take this smaller affiliate marketing course which talks about some solid affiliate marketing strategies for a mind-bogglingly low price of $39. I found out about it from Amy Lynn’s blog, who doesn’t recommend anything like that.
She was so right.
- Sometimes when people are planning to buy this course, they compare it with an advanced course on affiliate marketing strategies. (I’m referring to Tasha Agruso’s Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers The Master Course)
- Also, if you’re a Carly Campbell fan like me; if you already know how smart she is and you need no more convincing, then you might want to look into her new course Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers – Everything You’re Missing.
If You Made Up Your Mind For MSAM, Still Know This…
There are some more important tidbits about Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing you should know.
- Yes, this info can work for blogs/people/small businesses outside the U.S too! I’m not from U.S.A.
- This course may not be a nice fit for someone who is already an advanced affiliate marketing pro.
- It is self-paced and it has a lot of content but it can easily be read within 48 hours ‘if’ you want to. The better option, of course, would be to take your time and implement as you go.
- When the course goes on sale, Michelle sends email reminders to the affiliates and does provide basic guidelines on how to promote it during each of the days throughout the sale.
- This sale promo material in the email is not extremely detailed but enough to guide you for each day of the sale.
- The course has no video content if that’s how you prefer learning.
- The FB mastermind is one of the best places online to connect with others, so many famous bloggers are in there too. Carly Campbell, Emma Bates, Lena Gott, Meera Kothand, Gina Horkey and soooo many more!
The Short Review
I find this course a smart package clearly because of the FB group it comes with. Because we can’t make even the best affiliate marketing training we take, succeed in a vacuum.
You need a supportive serious community where you can promote your content and seek help (the course FB group!) as well as a blog growth i.e. traffic strategy (the Pinterest strategy and FB ads training bonus that come with the course!) to complete the picture.
I don’t think you’ll become an overnight affiliate marketing success or that you’ll earn $100k after going through this course alone but it is a wise investment if you do the work and put everything that comes with it to good use.
Lastly, if you altogether question, ‘Can you really make money with affiliate marketing?’ Then you need to study the recurring pattern of how most bloggers make money online with affiliate marketing in this roundup of 50 blog income reports.
the code FEBRUARYSALE2018CC for a $28 discount starting 15th Feb – 19th Feb 2018 (it will end at 11:59 p.m. PT)
Sale ends in…
Related Reading: Michelle vs Tasha’s: Which Is The Best Affiliate Marketing Course?
If you have any more questions about the course, please let me know in the comments below.
*Note: The ‘peek inside’ part was published after taking permission from Michelle Schroeder Gardner, the author of Making Sense Of Affiliate Marketing course. If you found this review useful, you can click the image below to save it on Pinterest. It will also help my blog grow. Thanks!>>>