Inside: Easy to use pdf summer daily schedule template for a summer vacation game plan! Download 3 different pages of this free printable summer schedule for kids.
This post may contain affiliate links.
A Simple Summer Schedule for Preschoolers at Home
This summer I created a schedule for my preschooler that took care of our intentions for making good use of these days.
We have been intentional to include fun with:
- outdoor activities we can do every day
- indoor fun crafts and activities
- daily learning
- and of course different sleep and wake up times
My son is very fond of animals like almost all other kids so I created a jungle themed template.
There are three pdf files in fact.
- Our own roughly hour by hour schedule (not to make the day tight but just so we know what comes next and everyone stays on track aka less boredom, less cranky kids whining from one sofa to another.)
- A page with just color-coded sections for morning, noon, evening.
- If you are new to the power of routines, and excitedly working on setting them, here’s one with fun built-in accountability for the week in the schedule. You will put any star stickers on top of the black and white ones, or just color the ones already there, each day as your child makes progress to encourage your child to stick to the routine. This will help them with building their habits.
Click the image below to download your copy of the free printable summer schedule for kids.
I made separate lists for each of the major tasks that I put into this schedule.
For example, I have a list of all the things we can do during our structured play times, then a separate list of all the chores my son does; all learning areas I want to cover during summers before school starts and so on.
Creating a plan before time helps by giving us ideas on the go. You can all sit down and talk about each of the lists and create something everyone agrees on.
Lesser power struggles when the rubber meets the road!
I sincerely hope you and your little one like the printable daily schedule template and create a design a super fun day for everyone.