Hi, I’m Hena, the she-power behind Mending with Gold which is where I share my adventures in building a thriving a stay-at-home-mom life.
Truth be told, here’s how my blog started:
- Someone said you can make money blogging from home. I wanted to be home with my son, comfy, rested and having fun!
(Who wants to miss out on all this?)
I signed up quicker than lightning!
Here’s what followed…
I mean, of course, a fulfilled life at home IS possible! Nice and clean comfortable home, money pouring in, a healthy rested mom = happy family! (I saw that nice lady do this.)
The only problem for people like me —> HOMEMAKING IS TOOOOO HARD!!
This blog is a story of how I solve HOMEMAKING issues- for complete beginners!
Specifically, this blog is for people who feel inside as if homemaking was never meant for them. (Not that I speak from any experience 🤥).
More specifically, I want this blog to bring hope that you CAN figure out this homemaking thing!
- want to be home
- can manage your time
- and use/manage your limited energy
… then we can do this!
I will show you how.
Here’s is the place where you’ll find help with:
- Productivity hacks and tips for the overwhelmed mom
- Health and wellness ideas and inspiration for tired and worn out moms
- The best tips and real-life inspirational stories of how super moms do it (not that we all aren’t super moms already!)
- Other things that happen at home.
- How/ How much I make blogging from home!!
I have a free resource library of tools you would love. I’m constantly updating it with materials like checklists, binder sheets, and printables to use for different things at home. If you sign up for it, you will also get my weekly newsletter with inspiration and practical help geared specifically towards stay at home moms.
About my personal life
1. I’ve been a teacher and a teacher trainer. I taught in schools and at universities too. Cool, yes? Wait…
2. I completed the coursework for my Adv. Research Degree and hybernated into my house before submitting the thesis. (But I like to think I WILL get back to it someday!) Not so cool!
3. We are a military family (always on the move, long distances etc):
4. But this adorable reason (my little boy) fills most voids:
5. What God thinks of me matters to me A LOT and affects my everyday decisions.
My life dreams
Gah! Girls shouldn’t be asked this question where time is limited. But narrowing down my research, these two are the dearest ones and I wake up to these every single day with a reminder in my email box:
- Take my parents to the Holy City.
- Sponsor minimum 20 children who don’t have parents to look after their needs. (I don’t know where the 20 came from, but since my class made fun of this number, I decided to stick to it!)
Oh, I forgot to tell you…
The name of my blog Mending with gold (MwG for your convenience) comes from a concept the Japanese used for fixing their broken crockery (called kintsugi). They would attach the broken pieces of a pot together using gold. So the broken aspects (cracks and joints) end up being more precious in the pot became more beautiful than the actual object.
We all have some part of life that IS out of order. MwG for you and me means we fix these broken areas of life with gold (precious moments, acts or whatever that may mean for you) so they become better and dearer than a whole (but ordinary) life.
(Okay, don’t imitate this. I added the clay lady image for drama effect + because the actual kintsugi images were very expensive…
Would you like to mend any broken aspect of your life with gold? Could you let me know by writing to me at hena @ mendingwithgold.com? I would love to connect with like-minded moms.)
And while you’re here, why not connect with me on Pinterest too so you can see more amazing homemaking ideas I have collected from the entire interwebs?
Bye for now, and do not forget to fill your day with at least one golden moment TODAY!!!