Hi, I’m Hena, the she-power behind Mending with Gold which is where I share my adventures in building a thriving a stay-at-home-mom life.
I’ll share mindset changes and practical tips I use to power this SAHM!
Here’s how my blog started:
I returned home one day after a job interview and demo at an (otherwise excellent) international school. The commute was 1 hour each side. I was exhausted more at the tantrums my son threw in the daycare. I don’t care my feet were swollen for standing all day long in the classes + running a gazillion times to the daycare lady, OR that my back was hurting like crazy.
Who would want to signup for that??!
- I wanted to be home with my son, where he’s happy and I can rest and work as I feel comfortable. (Even if that meant baking and selling bread.)
- I didn’t want to leave everyone and everything I love every day for money
That day, I promised myself to figure everything out without stepping a friggin foot outside!
Yes, following my passion for teaching, making money, AND why not even my son’s schooling?!
… followed loads of prayers!
And Googling and Pinteresting for answers!!
That’s when I came across stuff what we call blog income reports.
I was SOLD!
(I wanted to believe these blogger women sooo badly.)
That a fulfilled life at home is possible! I know if you can follow your passion AND profitability right where you are, then who would want a 9 to 5 grind outside?
Not me at least!
So I started reading more about this bloggy stuff.
It was a real challenge doing it from Pakistan. Because where I come from, we don’t have Paypal, Amazon, respect and trust for online stuff… or even uninterrupted electricity for that matter!
But I know so many women who have to go to the job. They’re exhausted, they’re missing out on their kids’ childhood, all the dull work is taking a toll on their health.
I have resolved to teach women like me how to make what you want right where you are. Health, peace at home, and monay!!
If you’re like this too, please know that you don’t have to go through all of this if you don’t want to. We can figure out a way.
If you want to discuss something with me directly, you can email me at email@example.com. I can help you or maybe I can direct you to better sources.
There’s always a way out of our problems!
Sometimes, it’s inside of you and other times it’s out there.
Hey, why don’t you connect with me on Pinterest too so you can see some awesome home life and smart blogging tips I have collected.
About my personal life
1. I’ve been a teacher and a teacher trainer. I taught in schools and at universities too. Cool, yes?
2. I completed the coursework for my Adv. Research Degree and hybernated before submitting the thesis. (No I’m not a dropout. I’ve taken way too much pain completing my semesters with a baby. I WILL get back to it someday!) But not cool, I know.
3. We are a military family (always on the move, long distances etc):
4. But this adorable reason (my little boy) fills all voids:
5. I love God! What He thinks of me matters to me A LOT and affects my everyday decisions.
My life dreams
Gah! Girls shouldn’t be asked this question where time is limited. But narrowing down my research, these two are the dearest ones and I wake up to these every single day with a reminder in my email box:
- Taking my parents to the Holy City.
- Sponsoring minimum 20 children who don’t have parents to look after their needs. (I don’t know where 20 came from, it’s been there since long.)
What you can expect from my blog…
I write about just what you need to know for a thriving home life:
- Healthy you
- Happy family and a good-enough run house (no Pinterest perfect home talk here)
- Real life inspirational stories, and …
- How I make money blogging from home!!
Oh, I forgot to tell you…
The name of my blog Mending with gold (MwG for your convenience) comes from a concept which the Japanese used for fixing their broken crockery (called kintsugi). They would attach the broken pieces of a pot together using gold. So the cracks and joints in the pot became more beautiful than the actual object.
We all have some part of life that IS out of order. MwG for you and me means we fix these broken aspects of life with gold (precious moments and acts) so they become better and dearer than a whole (but ordinary) life.
(Okay, I added this clay lady picture for drama effect + because the actual kintsugi images were very expensive…
Would you like to mend any broken aspect of your life with gold? Could you let me know by writing me a comment on any of my blog posts? I’ll be waiting to connect with like-minded moms.)
Bye for now, and don’t forget to fill your day with at least one golden moment TODAY!!!