If you’ve been thinking about increasing your new blog’s traffic from those painful tens into hundreds and then eventually thousands, then let me introduce you to something and someone who I’m sure can help you out with it.
Ana, the author of Boosting Your Blog Traffic is a very young blogger (21yr!) who is building a female bloggers empire over at The She Approach.
She writes about blogging and social media strategies being the expert in her field.
I haven’t seen such quick growth by a newer blogger.
- 4000 followers on Tumblr within one summer
- 7000 Twitter followers at the age of 17!! (What’s with this new generation?)
- 5000 likes on her co-hosted Facebook page in less than 4 months
I found so much value especially in her freebies that I wrote an appreciation to her. Fast forward, on her e-book launch day (how many of us have written an ebook that young?!) she sent me a complimentary copy and asked if I had any suggestions and that if I would share my experience with the book.
I had my own viewpoint against the price tag ($19 Only back then!) which I shared with her and before Ana sent me her thorough, thought proking, tolerant (and some other nice T adjectives based) answer, guess what happened?
I heard the news of my own personal favorite traffic growth ebook price spiking to $75!!
*Divine Shut Call*
*Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, means I may earn a percentage if you buy anything using my links, at no additional cost to you. Gee, I won’t recommend anything that I haven’t looked into and personally used. Or bad karma happens!
Here’s a quick summary of the book if you’re in your supersonic mode.
How I Tested The Book
I completed reading the book just a couple days back. Following Ana’s advice, I picked one strategy, namely ‘Making the Most of FB Groups’ and started working it using her list of 65 FB groups to join.
I tried it on one of my posts to see how it works. Here’s the result of fewer than 12 hours of work randomly spread across only around three days.
(Please know this is NOT a complete application of all strategies, worked through years to result in tons of traffic and you’ll understand the growth percentage!)
So, What’s Inside
Take a look at what you get in the book:
3 Things The Book Will Definitely Help You With
1. Give Complete Info Required to Implement a Particular Strategy
I mean the what, the how, the why and the when… annndd the how often.
Don’t believe me?
For example: Keeping it short and not revealing everything, one of the most exponential growth tips Ana discusses is leveraging the power of Pinterest (the what).
She shows you step by step how to set up your account, save time with scheduling and multiply your growth with the correct use of tailwind tribes. She lays out and her entire pinning program (step by step), and even opens up her own Pinterest group boards for you to practically implement her tips (the how + the when + the how often).
(I mean who does that?)
Then she validates its efficacy by sharing her stats which have hit up to 121k page views using her not very old Pinterest profile (the why).
2. Save Money
Which is a great help if you’re especially a new blogger with a limited budget to invest into your blog. The book is priced very competitively compared to other popular traffic growth books.
Boosting Your Blog Traffic by Ana costs: $25
Traffic Transformation by Lena costs: $75
Note: This comparison by no means intends to criticize other respected bloggers, they’re superb in their own ways. In fact, I own and love the above.
I’m only talking w.r.t ‘pocket-friendly’ in here. Mmkay?!
3. A Chance for You to Get More From The Generous Ana
Do you know that:
- Ana regularly holds giveaways on various of her platforms? In fact, there’s an entire section on her blog dedicated to this,
- her blog and resource library contain info that is truly hard work which I honestly think people would charge for,
- collaboration, guest posting offers are open at her blog,
- Ana actually responds to emails, if you’re a new blogger and you don’t know who to ask your question (A biggie if you know what I mean).
- the Pinterest Group Boards Ana has opened for collaborations? Say whaaa..?!
- Even this book has a coupon code (look for an update!) if you plan to buy Boosting Your Blog Traffic.
My Favourite Takeaway(s)
There definitely are many. But I’m going to reveal my fav three and they’re different from the ones in the summary box. (*winks*)
1. A reality check against the new blogger’s self-deception of blog launch = celebrity sorta success: The book lays the foundation you NEED and without which you just can’t skip to the growth part. (pg 11)
Side note: I promise you I’ve witnessed it with my newbie-ness and head bangs against the walls that you just.can’t.skip the blog foundational steps and expect growth.
As much as you’d hate the brain draining on quality content, blog navigation, visual content marketing, psychological barriers hindering your blog’s growth etc!! (Same here!)
2. Not your average Google Analytics guide. Plus I didn’t even know there’s a way to check if you haven’t installed GA twice by mistake and how to fix that. (pg 20)
3. I am so copying the entire step by step Pinterest program. And only God knows it’s the first time I could make sense of the real force of Tailwind tribes. (pg 70 onwards)
What Others are Saying
Here’s what other bloggers are saying about the book:
This Book IS For You If:
- You’re a new blogger who doesn’t know why people aren’t coming to your blog
- Seeking to grow blog traffic on a limited budget
- You want to learn in detail about the most leveraging growth hacks
GRAB THE BOOK
… AND THE BONUSES
If you decide to purchase the book through my affiliate link, just forward me your receipt and get the following:
1. 25 Customizable Canva Pinterest Pin Images
Now, This Book Still May Not Be For You If You:
- are an advanced blogger who’s already generating
- don’t like reading and prefer video learning modes
- don’t want to limit to the fewer best practices and want/have resources to try diverse/many growth tactics (spread yourself too thin and watch how quick you turn bald!)
Alternative to Boost Blog Traffic??!
Boosting Your Blog Traffic should do great for your blog growth IF you implement each of the strategies outlined in it. But I acknowledge nothing is be all end all.
So, for whatever reason you choose not to check this book out, here is my next favorite recommendation. Although it is not as pocket-friendly as Ana’s book, when you have the money and time to actually put into action the secrets this great achiever is kind enough to share with us, do check Lena’s Traffic Transformation. I have the old version, and Lena has a different take on growth. She has immense experience with what she teaches: 5+ years!