This post was inspired by my Elite Blog Academy’s FB group where students asked the question “Which is the best affiliate marketing course out of the two?
Michelle’s or Tasha’s?
Comparing two awesome things coming from two lovely people is difficult! So I’ve tried to make this comparison as fact-based as possible, but there’s only one that can be better!
And there’re definitely pluses and minuses in both the courses.
Here I’ve tried to put all the info that can help you find YOUR best affiliate marketing course: the one that suits YOUR preferences.
Please note the following acronyms for the course names:
- Michelle’s Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Course = MSAM
- Tasha’s Affiliate Marketing For Bloggers Master Course = AMFB
NOW LET’S BEGIN…
Please know that I’m an affiliate for both the courses which means if you find the info useful and you decide to make a purchase through my link (thanks for supporting me if you do!!), I will be paid a percentage at ‘no’ additional cost to you but that does not affect my opinion about both the courses.
HOW MUCH BLOGGING EXPERIENCE DOES EACH INSTRUCTOR HAVE:
Michelle: Around 6 years
Tasha: Around 4 years
HOW MUCH AFFILIATE MONEY DOES EACH INSTRUCTOR MAKE:
MSAM’s: Atleast above $50k per month
AMFB’s: Atleast above $4k per month
This does not include their complete income/mo.
MSAM: Forever including updates
AMFB: Forever including updates
MSAM: Even beginner bloggers can start with this course.
AMFB: Same as above plus additional help for beginner bloggers for correct blog setup for successful affiliate marketing is also provided.
MSAM: text lessons + PDF printables on Teachable
AMFB: PDF ebook, video and text lessons + PDF printables on Teachable. All videos also have transcriptions available.
- 6 online modules (30 text lessons)
- 23 worksheets/printables
- 176 pages long ebook
- 7 hr. video content which ‘shows’ you everything you have to do. This all makes 24 video lessons.
- Video transcripts
- 6 worksheets/checklists
MSAM: Please see the sales page for detailed outline.
AMFB: Please see the sales page for detailed outline.
Note: Both courses start with absolute basics and cover all major info but AMFB by Tasha goes on to include advanced topics as seen in the curriculum outline on her sales page.
- A Free PDF available on the sales page: ‘9 Things You Must Do When Your Blog Post Goes Viral‘
- Free mini ebook available on her teachable platform
- Free blog income training series
- Webinar during launches
MSAM: None available
AMFB: One Sample Video lesson (approx. 14 min. long) available on the sales page about How to Monetize a Round-up Post.
MSAM: Open throughout the year
AMFB: Opens only twice a year (Spring and Fall) for five days each time.
COURSE AVAILABLE ANYWHERE ELSE FOR FREE?
AMFB: No, the master course is not available anywhere for free but the intermediate course (which included the ebook volume 1 plus some modules from the master course) was included in 2016’s Ultimate Bundles, (spoiler alert: it is not included in the 2017 bundle) + the ebook is also included with Elite Blog Academy signup as a bonus.
MSAM: 1 payment of $197 or 2 payments of $105/mo.
AMFB: 1 payment of $179
MSAM: 30 days money back guarantee
AMFB: 30 days money back guarantee
MSAM: 8 bonuses including Rosemarie’s Pinterest Strategy
HOW TO SAVE MONEY BUYING ANY OF THESE:
MSAM: This course goes on sale twice or thrice in a year for five days each time with discount ranging from $28 to $38 which makes it $169 to $159.
AMFB: This course opens twice every year (Spring and Fall) for five days each time with an early bird enrollment discount of $50 the first day which makes it $129.
The ones that I know at the time of writing are:
MSAM: A $10 discount coupon on this site.
AMFB: A $80 discount coupon for students of Elite Blog Academy during launch days.
MSAM: A private mastermind group exclusively for students of the course with around 2.5k members including influential entrepreneurs and everyone’s favorites like Meera Kothand, Carly Campbell, Rosemarie Groner, etc.
AMFB: A private mastermind group exclusively for students of the course with around 250 members. Students include famous bloggers like Abby Lawson (who’s not in the FB group), Lesley Clavijo, and many famous intermediate bloggers.
FREE PERSONAL COACHING:
MSAM: Michelle is always available in the FB mastermind for answering any questions and there are special bi-monthly Ask Michelle Saturdays where you can directly ask Michelle for reviews or any blog/business/course-related questions in the posted thread where she answers everyone.
AMFB: Tasha is very easily available in the FB mastermind for answering any questions and there are special monthly Hotseat sessions where Tasha picks students randomly for reviewing the affiliate marketing efforts on their blogs and social media accounts, on FB live where everyone is welcome to watch it.
Tasha also frequently does other FB lives to answer common questions and give challenges.
COURSE AFFILIATE PROMOTION:
- Allowed for students
- Cookie Duration: 365 days
- Commissions: 40%
- Affiliate Material: Included inside course + email intimations
- Allowed for students
- Cookie Duration: 365 days
- Commissions: 40%
- Affiliate Material: Detailed book guide +a lot of material included inside course + email intimations
WHAT STANDS OUT IN ONE COMPARED TO THE OTHER:
- The 8 free bonuses which include a popular Pinterest strategy guide
- The 23 worksheets and printables are very pretty and extremely useful
- Michelle’s speedy and extra kind support down to the individual level
- The large FB group (2.5k members) including successful entrepreneurs and bloggers to collaborate with
- She made $79k by selling her popular course only this August without any ads, webinars or social media promotion.
Check out the following post if you want to take a real peek inside this course.
- 24 Video format lessons of the course + transcripts for anyone who prefers reading or has weak internet connection
- The extremely thorough course content and advanced tips on affiliate marketing
- Tasha’s detailed responses to students in the FB mastermind
- Affiliate material is very detailed and full of all resources that can be needed during a campaign. She’s done all the work for you. You just have to call people to her freebies.
- Although different from Michelle, Tasha is not an average nice person either. If you come to her group, you’ll instantly notice her deep concern for every single student who posts a comment. Nothing goes unnoticed or not responded by Tasha.
- Her monthly Hotseat and FB live sessions are more intense than Ask Michelle Saturdays.
DO YOU NEED TO BUY BOTH?
Each of the courses has helped bloggers start monetizing as shown by testimonials on their sales pages so you definitely shouldn’t buy both.
Most people buy a course for the quality info and in that, AMFB takes the lead.
I only purchased MSAM and wanted to stick to it because it is part of my personal strategy of top ten affiliate programs that I promote.
(Reasons: Other than being sufficient, MSAM also allows me to promote it year round with good commission on sales too which AMFB doesn’t allow. If I can be free to sell an awesome product always, that’s important for me too.)
Many people asked questions about AMFB in comparison because of which I purchased it and did find great value in it.
WHICH IS THE BEST AFFILIATE MARKETING COURSE FOR YOU?
That depends on what your current situation or preference is:
- If you have no money at all then: Grab the freebies from both, put every bit of each into practice to make some money.
- Money is a problem then: Just the AMFB Ebook ($39)
- You are on a tight budget: AMFB master course on early bird discount. I don’t know if the intermediate course is still available or not. I can’t see it on the platform or MSAM on the payment plan (sales don’t apply on the payment plan)
- Want awesome/even individual support: MSAM
- If you prefer video format: AMFB
- You prefer a very large closed group of successful people to collaborate with: MSAM
- You want ‘more’ info on affiliate marketing in a ‘more’ user-friendly (video) format: AMFB
- Are an already-financially-stable-inquisitive-blogger who wants to learn and collaborate with both: Then buy just the AMFB book and the MSAM course (DON’T BUY BOTH, YOU REALLY DON’T NEED TO!)
CONTACT FOR MORE QUESTIONS:
MSAM: For any course-related questions Michelle is available at firstname.lastname@example.org
AMFB: For any course-related questions Tasha is available at email@example.com. Use subject line “AMFB Question”.
MY EXCLUSIVE BONUSES:
If you found the information helpful and you decide to buy your best affiliate marketing course through my link, you can get exclusive access to my special bonuses for you. Just email me your receipt ( at firstname.lastname@example.org) after purchase and I’ll get in touch with you with the following bonuses:
- A promo video of your product/affiliate product (value $47)
- 25 Customizable Pinterest Pin Templates to promote your affiliate posts and links(Canva, value $7)
If you have any more questions about the course, let me know in the comments below.